Submit a guarantee balance request
Use the POST endpoint Get a balance of CTC Guarantee Balance API v2.0 to get the balance associated with a guarantee reference number (GRN).
To execute a balance query, you must provide:
- the GRN of the trader’s guarantee
- an access code for the guarantee, which is a 4-digit alphanumeric PIN that is not case sensitive
Note: If you want to test the endpoint, a valid GRN starts with any number between
9 and the third and fourth characters are
XI, and the access code must be
Guarantee balance information is available only for:
- type 0: guarantee waiver
- type 1: comprehensive guarantee
- type 9: individual guarantee with multiple usage
Guarantee balance information is not supported for:
- type 2: individual guarantee (by guarantor)
- type 4: individual guarantee in the form of vouchers
See the GOV.UK guidance for more detailed information about NCTS guarantees.