Check a UK VAT number API
|Available in Sandbox||Yes|
|Sandbox base URL||https://test-api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
|Available in Production||Yes|
|Production base URL||https://api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
This API enables your application to:
- check if a UK VAT number is registered
- view the name and address of the business that the UK VAT number is registered to
- get a reference number that you can use to prove you checked a UK VAT number
The Check a UK VAT Number API works in two modes:
- Simple unverified check, which does not provide a reference number
- Verified check, which provides a reference number
EndpointsView API endpoints
Why do these endpoints look different?
The endpoints for this API now use the Open API Specification (OAS).
The API has not changed. You do not need to make any updates to your application if you already use this API.