Lifetime ISA API
|Version and status|
|Available in Sandbox||Yes|
|Sandbox base URL||https://test-api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
|Available in Production||Yes|
|Production base URL||https://api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
This API allows financial organisations to report Lifetime ISA (LISA) information to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and get information about payments made by HMRC.
The API allows the financial organisation to:
- report a new investor to HMRC
- create, transfer or make changes to a LISA account
- get details of a LISA account
- report or get details of an investor life event
- request or get details of bonus payments and withdrawal charges
- get payment and debt information
You can use the sandbox environment to test this API.
It does not currently support stateful behaviour, but you can use the payloads described in Test data sections of each endpoint to test specific scenarios.
You must set up a test user which is an organisation for this API using the Create Test User API.
The way we show Lifetime ISA API v2.0 endpoints has changed, which might look different to other Developer Hub APIs.
The API has not changed. You do not need to make any updates to your application if you already use this API.