This version is in beta - expect some breaking changes.
|Available in Sandbox||Yes|
|Sandbox base URL||https://test-api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
|Available in Production||Yes|
|Production base URL||https://api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
This API allows financial organisations to report Lifetime ISA (LISA) information to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and get information about payments made by HMRC.
The API allows the financial organisation to:
- report a new investor to HMRC
- create, transfer or make changes to a LISA account
- get details of a LISA account
- report or get details of an investor life event
- request or get details of bonus payments and withdrawal charges
- get payment and debt information
Switch to version 2.0
On 12 March 2019 version 1.0 will be switched off and version 2.0 will be available in production.
If you are deploying after 12 March 2019, you should build based on version 2.0.
If you are deploying before 12 March 2019, you can continue building based on version 1.0 until that date. You must switch to version 2.0 on 12 March 2019.
Save reference numbers
When you report or get information from the API, you will get a unique reference number. You should save all reference numbers because you may need them for other API calls.
When an API changes in a way that is backwards-incompatible, we increase the version number of the API. See our reference guide for more on versioning.
We use standard HTTP status codes to show whether an API request succeeded or not. They are usually in the range:
- 200 to 299 if it succeeded, including code 202 if it was accepted by an API that needs to wait for further action
- 400 to 499 if it failed because of a client error by your application
- 500 to 599 if it failed because of an error on our server
Errors specific to each API are shown in the Endpoints section, under Response. See our reference guide for more on errors.