This version is in beta - expect some breaking changes.
Customs Inventory Linking Exports API
|Available in Sandbox||Yes|
|Sandbox base URL||https://test-api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
|Available in Production||No|
This API enables the functionality to support the Inventory Linking Export process. Inventory Linking controls and monitors cargo moving through temporary storage facilities, and allows the movement/transition through frontiers.
There are three functional areas;
- Consolidation This enables the combining of consignments into one master consignment, or splitting into multiple consignments.
- Movement Records the movement of consignments within Customs controlled storage facilities.
- Query The querying of data held within the Inventory Linking Export database.
Within each of these functional areas, there are multiple message types, each performing a specific activity.
When an API changes in a way that is backwards-incompatible, we increase the version number of the API. See our reference guide for more on versioning.
We use standard HTTP status codes to show whether an API request succeeded or not. They are usually in the range:
- 200 to 299 if it succeeded, including code 202 if it was accepted by an API that needs to wait for further action
- 400 to 499 if it failed because of a client error by your application
- 500 to 599 if it failed because of an error on our server
Errors specific to each API are shown in the Endpoints section, under Response. See our reference guide for more on errors.