This version is in beta - expect some breaking changes.
Check an EORI Number API
|Version and status|
|Available in Sandbox||Yes|
|Sandbox base URL||https://test-api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
|Available in Production||Yes|
|Production base URL||https://api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
This API enables your application to:
- check if an EORI number beginning with GB (issued by the UK) is valid.
- view the name and address of the business that the EORI number is registered to (if the business agreed to share this information).
You can use the sandbox environment to test this API.
In the sandbox environment the last digit of each EORI Number will return each type of CheckResponse:
- 0 or 1 Vaild with no TraderName or Address
- 2 to 5 Vaild with TraderName and Address
- 6 or 7 Vaild with no TraderName or Address
- 8 or 9 Invalid
Access a set of mock EORI numbers to use when testing in the sandbox environment.
The way we show Check an EORI Number API v1.0 endpoints has changed, which might look different to other Developer Hub APIs.
The API has not changed. You do not need to make any updates to your application if you already use this API.