This version is in beta - expect some breaking changes.
|Available in Sandbox||Yes|
|Sandbox base URL||https://test-api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
|Available in Production||Yes|
|Production base URL||https://api.service.hmrc.gov.uk|
This API enables your application to:
- check if an EORI number beginning with GB (issued by the UK) is valid.
- view the name and address of the business that the EORI number is registered to (if the business agreed to share this information).
When an API changes in a way that is backwards-incompatible, we increase the version number of the API. See our reference guide for more on versioning.
We use standard HTTP status codes to show whether an API request succeeded or not. They are usually in the range:
- 200 to 299 if it succeeded, including code 202 if it was accepted by an API that needs to wait for further action
- 400 to 499 if it failed because of a client error by your application
- 500 to 599 if it failed because of an error on our server
Errors specific to each API are shown in the Endpoints section, under Response. See our reference guide for more on errors.
You can use the sandbox environment to test this API.
In the sandbox environment the last digit of each EORI Number will return each type of CheckResponse:
- 0 or 1 Vaild with no TraderName or Address
- 2 to 5 Vaild with TraderName and Address
- 6 or 7 Vaild with no TraderName or Address
- 8 or 9 Invalid
Access a set of mock EORI numbers to use when testing in the sandbox environment.